A comprehensive section chronicling the discovery of nuclear fission, the race for the atomic bomb, the development of the hydrogen bomb and the ensuing Cold War and beyond.
- Cold War: A Brief History
- Explore the critical events of the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union
- Race for the Hydrogen Bomb
- As the American and Soviet nuclear programs took root and grew, and the race for the hydrogen bomb was soon on.
- The Manhattan Project
- "The Manhattan Project: Making the Atomic Bomb" is a history of the American atomic bomb program during World War II.
- The First Pile
- The saga of man's first controlled, self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction.
- The Trinity Test
- On July 16, 1945 the world changed with the explosion of the first atomic bomb that took place at Trinity Site.
- Tale of Two Cities
- Recount the events of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- Manhattan Project Signature Facilities
- Information on the Department of Energy's Manhattan Project "Signature Facilities".
- The British Mission
- How a small group of British scientists aided in the development of the atomic bomb.