- What was the size of the explosion produced by the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and what were the casualties?
- Discuss Albert Einstein's role in the development of the atomic bomb.
- When did the Soviet Union explode its first atomic bomb? hydrogen bomb?
- Discuss the Bravo Test of 1954 with particular reference to the radiation fallout and its consequences.
- Give a brief summary of the Manhattan Project.
- Discuss ways in which the U.S. might have demonstrated that it had an atomic bomb other than exploding one over a populated area.
- What are the novel features of the I.N.F. Treaty.
- Discuss motivations for development of the atomic bomb in the United States during World War II.
- What are the components of the U.S. triad? the Soviet Triad? What are the main differences between the triads?
- Define MAD, MIRV, ICBM, SLBM.
- According to Office of Technology Assessment, how many people would be killed by a Soviet nuclear attack?
- Who are members of the 'nuclear club'? Who are near nuclear, that is, who in the next 5-10 years might develop nuclear weapons?
- Approximately how many strategic warheads do the United States and the Soviet Union have?
- Would you consider the development of weapons specifically designed to destroy information gathering systems, stabilizing or destabilizing? Explain.
- Who is considered the 'father' of the U.S. hydrogen bomb? the Soviet H-bomb?